GET OUR NEWSLETTER
Direct Credit CardChecks
ALL OF US ARE DYING and Other Stories.
by George Clayton Johnson.
No. 33 / 600 Signed Limited Edition.
Signed by Johnson, Conlon, and Dennis Etchison.
Dustjacket art by Burt Shonberg.
Introduction and "Interview Interludes" by Christopher Conlon.
Afterword by Dennis Etchison.
My friends Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Charles Beaumont, and Theodore Sturgeon all taught me by example -- as I watched them exercising different sets of mental muscles switching from one form to another as required by the story or the marketplace -- that if I hoped to earn a living and have writing as a career like theirs, I would need to learn to write effective film scripts as well as stories and articles.
This retrospective collection contains examples of all three types of writing, selected from the work of a lifetime.
-- George Clayton Johnson
George Clayton Johnson has written for the likes of The Twilight Zone (both television show and the movie), Star Trek, and co-wrote the novel Logan's Run. This mammoth retrospective collection includes more than a dozen classic stories; teleplays from TZ and The Law and Mr. Jones; television story treatments for an unproduced ST episode and a weekly series inspired by Frankenstein; a full-length unproduced fantasy screenplay; a movie treatment on the death of H.P. Lovecraft; and thousands upon thousands of words of original fiction written especially for this volume, including the autobiographical short novel, Every Other War.
• Your Three Minutes Are Up
• The Ring of Truth
• Dealer's Choice
• The Freeway
• Devlin's Dream
• The Man With the Hoe
• Lullaby and Goodnight
• The Cold at the End of the Pier
• Drum Dancer
• The Hornet
• A Bicycle Like a Flame
• All of Us Are Dying
• A Note From Underground
• Interview Interlude: On Television Scripts
• Writing for the Tube
• The Twilight Zone: Nothing in the Dark
• The Law and Mr. Jones: The Boy Who Said No
• Interview Interlude: On Television Story Outlines
• TV Stories
• The Creature's Blood
• Kung Fu: The Demon God
• The Twilight Zone: A Penny For Your Thoughts
• Movie of the Week: Man's World
• The Twilight Zone: The Prime Mover
• Sea Change
• Star Trek: Rock-a-Bye Baby -- Or Die!
• Lovecraft: a Movie Proposal
• Interview Interlude: On Screenwriting
• The Gulfs of Space
• The Edge of the World!
• Interview Interlude: On New Stories
• The Monstering Kind
• The God (a novel fragment)
• The Birth
• Fat Essie
• The New Law
• The Man Who Was Slugger Malone
• The Prevailing Westerlies
• Clear Weather is Coming
• Every Other War, a short novel
• Afterword by Dennis Etchison
1999 Sub. Press signed limited edition. In Very Good condition. First Printing, For complete archival protection the DJ is sealed in an acid-free protective book cover upon receipt, and then sealed in plastic for final protection.
PLEASE NOTE: No Discounts or coupons are available for this item.
Wednesday 18 October, 2017 :: Copyright © 2000 - 2017 osCMaxPowered by osCMax v2.0.15
Site contents copyright